Thursday 11 July 2013

Review Thursday: Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat

I have been on the look out for a good base and top coat for a while now. Anyone who knows me, knows that I always love to have painted nails, but the few times I wear them bare I absolutely despise having stained nails from nail polish, so having a good base coat is important for me! I also prefer 2 in 1 solutions as it saves me money and I don't have much more space to be storing more nail polishes right now, so having one bottle that does both jobs is an even bigger bonus!



I can safely say that this product is FABULOUS, and I seriously mean it! It glides on to a clean nail so smoothly, as I find that sometimes base coats can be quite gloopy and thick, this one is perfection. It gives a high gloss shine, so perfect for a bare manicure, whilst protecting and strengthening the nails. It dries at the speed of light, and as I am not one for waiting around, this is a HUGE bonus for moi! 

As a top coat it does an even better job, in my opinion. I am quite a hands on type of girl (in the cleaning/gardening/sporting etc type of way!) so nail polish doesn't always last as long as they could with me. However, I have been wearing the same polish for ... ONE WEEK! That's right ladies and gentlemen, ONE WHOLE WEEK, CHIP FREE and still as shiny and glossy as ever. Sally Hansen/the makers behind you are a genius!

Overall, I adore this product. I think it's great for the price £5.99 rrp. Obviously the price is dependent on the shop, but if you are looking for a great base/top coat combo or even just a base coat to help strengthen your nails, then I would highly recommend this one to you!

Has anyone tried any of the other Sally Hansen products out there?

Lots of love,

P.S. Remember to follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM for all the latest updates on the blog and to keep up with me daily goings on! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo