Thursday 25 July 2013

REVIEW THURSDAY: Apocalips lip lacquers

RIMMEL LONDON APOCALIPS LIP LACQUERS.

I know that these beauties have been out for a while now but I have quite an extensive collection of lip products anyway, so I wasn't really intending to pick any of these up. However, I had read so much about these that maybe I should try them out for myself, purely as a scientific experiment, of course!

Top: 400 Big Bang, Bottom: 303 Apocaliptic


As they are currently 2 for £10 at Boots I picked up two in the colours Big Bang  and Apocaliptic as I thought some bright colours for summer would be ideal!

Big Bang
Anyway, the packaging is a really sleek design, which look really chic in any make up bag. The applicator is a doe foot applicator but it has a well in the middle, which dispenses enough product on to the wand so only one application is enough to coat both lips with enough product, without dipping the wand back into the tube. The product is extremely pigmented, creamy and leaves a beautiful shine on the lips. 


Big Bang


Big Bang is a beautiful true red (no hint towards blue or orange undertones) and I think it works well with most skin tones. 









Apocaliptic

Apocaliptic
Apocaliptic is a really bright and fun hot pink, prefect for the summer brights trend and adds a hint of fun to any make up look! 


As intensely pigmented and creamy as these lip lacquers are, I must admit I am not as in love with them as most other people seem to be. I'm not sure if it's just me but it definitely does not wear very well at all. The longevity is a disappointment, as within an hour (including eating, drinking and talking) the colour began to fade on my lips and the shine was not as lustrous  as first application. It's such a shame because I love that these are so moisturising with such a high colour pay off, but if only they lasted a little longer on the lips!


Anyhow, I do really like these lip products and they aren't too expensive either, so they are a nice little addition to my lip collection.

Have you tried any of the Rimmel Apocalips yet?

Lots of love, 



P.S. Don't forget to follow me on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo