Friday 12 July 2013

Fashion Friday: Neon is the new black?

To me there is something quite daunting about neon, and wearing it... I don't know, the trend kind of hit me like a slap in the face and I was reluctant to even think of trying it out this summer. But alas, my online shopping habit got the better of me and so I decided to purchase an orange neon skater skirt from the wonderful boohoo.com. I must say, when it arrived in the post, I still wasn't convinced that I could make it work. However I started pulling out some tops and tried pairing them with the skirt in question and I think I found a great and simple combo.

Crop Top, neon orange skirt, chelsea boots, boohoo.com;
round sunglasses, ebay



It will take a little longer before I will be wearing an entire neon coloured dress, but there are other ways I've been working myself up to wearing neon. For instance, I do love painting my nails and I don't really have a favourite colour because I think they're all great (except green, anything green and I will fall in love with it quicker than you can say nails!). I've been wearing Barry M's fluorescent orange nail polish on my toes lately, now that it's sandal season and I like to paint the tips of my nails orange also. 

Small hints and flickers of neon are appearing, but maybe one day I will take the plunge and grab a neon dress... What do you guys think? Are you in or out of love with the neon trend and do you think it may be the new black?

Lots of love,

P.S. Remember to follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM for all the latest updates on the blog and for a daily dose on what I get up to :) xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo