Monday 22 July 2013

DIY MONDAY: Nature's answer to softer and better looking skin!


I am sure by the photo you've guessed exactly what it is that I am talking about. That's right, COCONUT OIL. I absolutely adore coconut oil; not only is it a perfect skin moisturiser, but it's my go to for dry hair oil repair mask, as well as my under eye and eyelash moisturiser and I love to cook with it too!

I have been using coconut oil as a skin moisturiser for a very long time now as I feel it's the only moisturiser that really sinks into my skin and works on my dry areas (mainly the front of my shins which used to be quite scaly!). I like to apply it as soon as I've finished showering, whilst my skin is still wet, so that my skin can lock in all the moisture, much like how you would apply Johnson's baby oil! I really like doing this as you can massage the oil deep into your skin and then pat dry. You aren't left with an oily residue but soft, glowing and deeply nourished skin! What could be better than that! 

And if I need a little extra moisturisation just rub a little directly on to the skin, as it soaks in and leaves a lovely, healthy sheen to your skin.
And coconut oil is wonderful for treating eczema, dermatitis and other skin conditions.


Make sure it's 100% natural raw virgin coconut oil  so as to retain as much of the health benefits from the oil as you can!

Lots of love,


P.S. Remember to follow me on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo