Sunday 8 April 2012

Clearer skin with... TURMERIC!





Hi everyone, so it was day 2 of Barefoot Sound Waves 2012 and again I am absolutely shattered from working but it was a very successful day and there was a great act to end the 2-day mini festival!
I came home and looked in the mirror to find my skin looking a little bit dull and drained because I was tired so I decided to give myself a pick-me-up face mask that helps make my skin look and feel better. My mumma taught me this trick who learnt it from her mum (old indian recipe apparently!) but it does the trick for me. So here's what you'll need:


Chickpea flour
Milk
Turmeric Powder
Almond Oil
Bowl and spoon


1. Take 2 heaped tablespoonfuls of Chickpea flour into a bowl
2. Add half a teaspoon of the turmeric powder to the bowl
3. Add just over a teaspoon of almond oil to the bowl
4. Add a little bit of milk at a time to the mixture, constantly stirring the mixture so the milk is absorbed by the powder. Keep adding a dash of milk until the mixture becomes a smooth paste, but don't make it runny or too thick!
Apply this paste as a mask to a clean, freshly washed face, NO MAKE UP, in a nice even layer. 
Wait for 20 mins- the mask will get hard. Then wash it off with warm water.  


My Indian family use this mask a lot because turmeric has so many benefits for the skin, including the treatment of acne blemishes, blackheads, dark spots and hyper pigmentation and other skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It helps heal and prevent dry skin, and to slow the skin aging process, and is used to diminish wrinkles, keep skin supple and improve skin’s elasticity. This sunny bright spice is also being used as an ingredient in sunscreens. It is used daily by East Indian women as a facial cleanser and exfoliant. 

If you suffer from oily skin (like I do!) turmeric also helps to regulate the production of sebum, an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands. 


So there you have it. Turmeric- the best spice you'll ever use (in curries and on your face!). Let me know if you've tried it out and if it worked for you!


Love,
E-L xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I read and appreciate anything you have to say!
E-L xo